dimanche 10 avril 2011

Retell:   So, as I continue reading this biography, I get more and more passionate about it.  Since soccer is a very important part in my life, it is very fascinating to read about the best player who has ever played, in my opinion.  Seeing him in videos and reruns of games is something remarkable and a must watch if you are a soccer fan.
            So, today I will talk about Pele’s World Cup life. (p.s I will always take one story in the biography to retell, because in this book, it always changes time (in one chapter it will be him as a child, and in the next it will be him as an adult, so it is very difficult to retell everything)).  Therefore, when Pele was 17, he played his very first World Cup match.  Playing in the World Cup is a major part in a professional soccer player.  It is where you can represent yourself and your country!  It is a very big honour, and to be chosen to play in it at 17 is extraordinary.  (The World Cup is the Super Bowl of soccer!).  Brazil has always been one of the favourites to win the World Cup, and that is because of their wonderful playing and their players.  Since 1930, when the first World Cup game as been played, every passionate about soccer would love to be able to play in it.  Even being in the stands and being in the atmosphere is something spectacular!  And as a kid, Pele also had that dream, to being able to play in the World’s greatest event.  And in 1958, his wish came true. Pele had been invited to try out for the Brazilian Selection and made it as a center forward.  He was extremely happy and excited.  The World Cup was taking place in Russia, and that was he’s first trip outside of Brazil.  He was very nervous and so was he’s mother.  He had never taken a plane and was very tense.
            But he’s World Cup debut didn’t start on the right step.  He had an injury, and was unable to participate in the first two games.  But it was in the third game, he shoot had come.  He was a starter and played visors the Russian who were a very difficult team at that time.  He played very well for being the youngest player in the tournament.  He was very worried on how the fans would react, on seeing such a young kid playing in a big boy’s tournament.  But the fans loved him, especially in the quarter finals where he scored the only goal to bring Brazil into the semi-finals.  Pele ended up scoring 5 other goals into the tournament.  He had scored 3 in the semi-finals visors France and 2 in the finals visors Sweden, where they won 5-2.  Pele’s World Cup had just started and had a long way to go.
I have not read anymore of his World Cup life, but I really hope I do because I love reading the celebrations of their victories!

Relate: I have realize that Pele and I are very much alike.  I say this because he and I always depend on soccer in our life.  Soccer is always there for us and is something we can really count on.  Even if we are having a bad day or not feeling in a good mood; soccer is something we could both do too change our minds and make us feel better.  For me, there is nothing better to do when I am mad then to strike a ball with all my force into the back of a net.  It is something that Pele use to do too.  When he wasn’t feeling at his best, he just took a ball and played the beautiful game to relax him.  Soccer is also something that keeps us out of trouble!  Having soccer 3-5 times a week really keeps you occupied and makes you stay in shape without wanting to do drugs or just stay at home doing nothing.  I know that soccer will always be a huge part of my life just like it was for Pele.

Reflect: I really reflect on one thing in this book that is very important!  This book made me realize how important my mother is in my life.  Pele’s mother is really important in his life too, because she always supports him even though it is not what she wanted him to do.  He really loves his mother and treats her with all his respect he has.  I’m not saying I had no respect for my mother, because I really do, but he made me realize that she is very important in my life and that I wish she will never leave me.  I know sometimes that she gets on my nerves and I’m not the nicest to her, but which mother doesn’t get on our nerves.  Pele’s mother bothered him, but he really showed me how not to show it and just to forget about it since she is my mother.

1 commentaire: